Monday, August 29, 2005

Katrina 1, LSU 0



I drove out of Capon Bridge at 12:30, headed west into Winchester. A short stop at my place yielded the essential items needed to survive the weekend abroad; in Woodville. I got home and went for a walk in the meadow with Steve & Karie. Dinner was homemade pesto pasta with scallops accompanied by a German Riesling. Saturday I ran Dads' showroom in Sperryville. It was a rainy day and there wasn't much else to do anyways. Took in 11,000 by 2pm; headed back home at 4:30. Dinner this time was homemade goat cheese pesto pizza with grilled shrimp, followed with a made from scratch watermellon sorbet. Marshall, Steve, and I met some friends at the Griffen around 9:30. After standing around awhile we headed back to Millwood with a few friends meeting us back there. Chad and a crew came later. I was extremely tired; not back to 100% from being sick, so I didn't have much energy to put into conversation. Sunday helped Karie get ready for her move to Reston. Went for one more Woodville walk with Steve. Steve, Mom, Karie, Katie, and I ate brunch at the Thorton River Grille and then said goodbye. Steve went to Arizona. Karie went to Reston, and I will return to Winchester. I went back to the house and took Katie on a drive down some backroads before leaving her at Millwood; the last kid left at home. As I rolled down the driveway I saw a shadow pass over the house and I knew, it was no longer summer. We'll all be back together at Christmas.

8 comments:

Steve Von Fange said...

and it was no longer summer. see you in november for a trip to cali. take care bro.

auntyk said...

I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Do you know what "plagiarism" means? Obviously not.

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

Do you know what "plagiarism" means? Obviously not.

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

Hey Jesse, keep it real. I am thinking of you and I hope you are feeling well. How was the weekend in the great outdoors? I love Reston! You'll have to come and see it with me. We'll do lunch.
take care, karie

auntyk said...

hey jesse, don't update much do you.
love,
katie

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://neveo.info/1502.html and http://googleindex.info/2200.html