Monday, September 12, 2005

Jimi Smooth

Work concluded at noon on Friday. I drove back to Rappahannock and picked Katie up from school. Stopped by the house to drop her off and say a quick hello. Later at the shop, I climbed into the delivery truck and headed to Alexandria to meet Marshall. Traffic was horrific but the breeze was warm and I was in no rush. After pizza Marshall and I drove out of D.C. and past Baltimore, Philly, New York, and stopped in Conneticut. Slept in the back of the truck. Saturday we delivered 4 ables and 20 chairs, every thing went smoothly. Drove back to Rapp. Drove to Winchester and met Chad and Katie. After some debate on the options we headed out to Sweet Carolines'. The band that night was Jimi Smooth ang the Hittets. Jimi Smooth was a Fifty-something black dude that looked oddly similar to Snoop Dogg. The band was dressed as if they were mugged shorlty before the show and were forced to make clothing out of poorly designed polyester curtains. The music was motown and the laughs were on the house. We stayed till closing time. Sunday we all rock climbed at Buzzzard Rocks. Had some great climbs and some good Melting Pot pizza afterwards.

5 comments:

sledgemaster said...

GEET YOUR BACK UP OFF DA WALL!.... uuuM dance

auntyk said...

Why no pics? Are you coming home this weekend?
Love ya!
Mom

auntyk said...

Why no pics? Are you coming home this weekend?
Love ya!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Jimi Smooth rocks! One of the great DC frontmen. You guys are pricks for mocking him. Grow up.