Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Border Crosser


This was Karie's last weekend in the USA until this coming June. Moving to Paris to earn her master's from NYU she is beginning a exciting new chapter in her life. We all took her to a wine festival in Charlottesville on Saturday. The weather the wine and the music were all great. Sunday before whisking her off to the airport, we made a fantastic lunch. New York strips grilled with rosemary, pineapple, onions. I made Indian Flat bread on the grill with from scratch tomato jam, which turned out to be quite excellent. We steamed Steve's corn from the garden and Karie made corn bread onion rings. Not a bad last meal before hopping over the big puddle to Paris! Can't wait to go over and visit.





Sunday was a BBQ up in Alexandria with Amith and Marshall, which started as most BBQ's usually do and seemed to be doomed to suffer the usual small talk and uneventful motions of the city slicker backyard gathering until... we discovered that a guy that lives upstairs m Marshall had a paintball gun. The rest of the afternoon was spent running from tree to tree, jumping behind fallen logs and doing whatever zig zag thing we could think of to avoid getting shot to pieces. Since we only had one paintball gun, It was a simple game we called runner/shooter... either you were the runner or the shooter, preferably the latter... Anyways now its back to the work week, but at least I have some welts to show off!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey man you have some really awesome pictures! i am heading up to old rag to do some bouldering with my wife the end of sept. we live on the outer banks and were looking for some directions to get to some of the boulders you shot. if you don't mind passing along the info my email is tjb217@hotmail.com thanks!
tim

auntyk said...

How about some pics of the weekend?!
That bread you made on the grill was fantastic! Who knew you could cook like that?!!!!
Thanks for everything!

kvonfang said...

Glory wounds is how I call 'em... oh I forgot I am in France and most speak properly, as a representative of the USA... yeah it's a tough job, but I'm out there... taking it easy for all you sinners (the dude). Miss you Jesse! Thanks for the entry about me... you make me sound so professional... I love it!