Thursday, December 30, 2004

Post Christmas Pre New Year's

Christmas was nice. Nothing too out of the ordinary occurred. Santa came without a hitch. The day after Christmas we went to D.C. to spend the night at the Jefferson Hotel, a great little spot. For entertainment purposes we turned to a trusted source, Blues Alley. We had dinner and listened to Ahmad Jamal, the famed jazz pianist, who influenced such greats as Miles Davis. I had the best seat in the house, of course. Finding myself less than a foot and a half from Jamal. Needless to say the music was spectacular and the Creole inspired cuisine was delightful. After a good nights' rest the family headed home, whilst I drove to my flat in Purcellville. New Year's is Friday night and the usual party is to be held at the Cabin, it will be nice to see everyone. As with each gathering, seldom as they are, one cannot help but sense the fleeting ability to gather everyone under one roof. With each passing day and week we are all pulled ever harder in different directions inevitably losing grasp on high-school connections. Which although seemingly negative it does tend to lend itself to the greater appreciation of the times when the old group does find themselves hanging out once again. I wish I could find something usefull to do right now, but I'm afraid I'm the only one in the office today and with no apperent higher directive I seem to find myself out of things to do...

No comments: