Sunday, April 05, 2009

Spring Wandering


I was on a mission to find some morels this weekend, well maybe not a full blown mission, but I looked everywhere I went. Saturday I hiked down to a bouldering spot we frequent, see photo above, but the five mile hike produced no morels, however I did manage to get an hour long nap in the hammock. This morning I took Humphrey on a walk up Bessie Bell Mountain and despite two hours in the forest we found nothing. This afternoon Chad and I took his dog Trieve bouldering on Old Rag and despite another five mile hike, no mushrooms. Oh well, maybe next time, but I can't imagine the conditions getting much better than this weekend. If you enjoy flowers though, the trillium is going to be blowing up next weekend on Old Rag, enjoy.


3 comments:

auntyk said...

Sounds wonderful! Are the daffodils out at Walnut Grove???

Jesse Von Fange said...

Yes the whole hill is golden, its beautiful!

auntyk said...

put up a picture!!!!