Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fauxfields


After years of successfully turning down offers to attend Foxfields, as I wasn't sure it was up my alley, I have now confirmed those suspicions. Foxfields is like a small scale "horse racing event" reminiscent of say the Kentucky Derby, with all the partying, but less of focus on the horse racing. This is mostly due to one's inability to legally gamble at horse races in the Old Dominion. I will say the event was quite a spectacle to see, largely due to the endless sea of the sun-dresses which were awesome. Another plus was the gorgeous weather and my horse won the race, so I scored some cash. I doubt I would attend again, unless I arrive and depart via helicopter. The late Hunter S. Thompson wrote a piece titled "The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved", good little anecdote, would be interesting to hear his thoughts on Foxfields... I doubt he would change title much...













2 comments:

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

Wow, looks like a yuppies' paradise! Thanks for the new photos. How much did you make with the betting? Did you find fortune and glory?

Bob Look said...

Jesse the Gonzo blogger, it was the American Dream and he would have been a fool not to ride that strange torpedo all the way to its end.