Monday, March 23, 2009

On Fire


This weekend was a busy one. Steve was home for a short visit before he heads into training. Friday night was a great evening of music at Blue's Alley in Georgetown. Saturday Steve and I went for walk through the forests of Red Oak with Ken. Then drifted around Sperryville for awhile before Matt, Marshall and Chad showed up. As the sun set we grilled steaks with a lime-rosemary marinade and vegetables for dinner. Then headed out to the Cabin-Cabin for fire, drink, and hammocks. It was a cold night's sleep out there but the temperatures quickly rose with the sun. Then on Sunday we mostly just hung outside enjoying the warm sunny day. To finish the weekend in style I had dinner at The Inn at Little Washington, which of course, was as good as food gets and perhaps the best tasting meal I've ever had there (what I find myself saying every time I eat there).

Here's to Steve, my brother, embarking on the journey of a lifetime. Keep it up Bro, you're going places!

1 comment: