Monday, August 07, 2006

Sundown


A fog rises from the depths of Woodville as the sun slips behind the skyline of Blue Ridge. The moon and mars light the meadows perching over the quiet town. Headlights occasionally sparkle along the curves of Mary's Rock. The night before they could have been mine, but now I am here. In the spot where we always gather before departures force us into the places that are not nearby. For now everything is good; the company, the breeze, the view, the music, and the wine. Summer nights like this are not easily forgotten.

7 comments:

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

I LOVE the pictures, as always. I am glad that you enjoy our company, and I hope we get some more summer nights, though perhaps we will have to settle for fall or Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Awesome man. We'll continue the nights out here when you come out.
VF

auntyk said...

This is a great family!

auntyk said...

Didn't you go to a Nats game this weekend?

Anonymous said...

Jesse.. really love this blog.. really. The images are so true... they are of home...
I truly appreciate any and all advice on our site and blog.. As we try to do with our company, we want our site and blog to be deeply meaningful and moving..
andy nichols
(I work with chad)

Anonymous said...

Jesse.. really love this blog.. really. The images are so true... they are of home...
I truly appreciate any and all advice on our site and blog.. As we try to do with our company, we want our site and blog to be deeply meaningful and moving..
andy nichols
(I work with chad)

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

Love these pictures so much!