
Well Friday I had a very busy day at work. After getting home I collapsed from the lack of sleep on Thursday night. I was asleep for about 30 minutes when the phone rang. After talking with Chad, I got my stuff together and headed up to Frederick. We met up at the boat house and waited around for Jonathon to showup. When he got there we started loading up kayaks and canoes onto their vehicles. We got one canoe ontop of Chad's Forester & one kayak inside of it. Then against all odds we got one canoe and four kayaks on Jonathon's 4runner. Jonathon headed back to Fairfax. Chad and I went back to Andy's house and crashed for awhile. Late night was downtown Frederick.
In the morning we jumped in the car and hit the gas headed to New Market, where we met up with Marshall, Ryland, Jonathon, Nugget, and Asain-James. From there we all stormed I-81 and met up with Matt in Lexington. We all went to Wal-mart to secure the proper provisions for camp and river. Mostly these supplies consisted of ingredients for soup and about 90 cold pops. We checked out the upper Maury, but there was no water and even if there was we all lacked the experinece to enter the class-four rapids. We drove down near Buena Vista and foud a place to put-in on the Maury. We dropped off a car at the pick-up spot near the dam, where we intended to take-out. The Maury flows into the James about a half mile from where we started. It doesn't however, go into the James quietly. The interesction is a very rocky, fast and narrow, class-3 rapid. Well long story short. Nugget and James tacoed their canoe and almost seriously injured themselves. Over the next 5 miles they somehow managed to wreck their canoe on every freaking rapid. So a 5.5 mile jaunt turned into a 5 hour trip. The water and the scenerey made up for the trouble. Overall it was a good time. After the trip down the river we stopped along the Blue Ridge Parkway and made a huge pot of home made soup, which was excellent! Then it was an hour long debate on where to spend the night and whether or not to run the river again on Sunday. Finally we tossed a coin and it landed on tails, which meant we head home. After pounded red bull and coffee we hit I-81 and at 4am Chad and I were back in Frederick. Sleep. Sunday drove back to the apartment around noon. Washed my car. Slept. Took it easy. Marshall has moved out of P'ville; I move out in 2 weeks. And just like that * its been a year; wow.
3 comments:
Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»
I find some information here.
Here are some links that I believe will be interestedhttp://google-index.info/1051.html or http://indexmachine.info/2965.html and http://neveo.info/1077.html
Post a Comment