Monday, July 11, 2005

Loaves of Sugar

This weekend started out slow but got better as it went on. Friday night was a final, yet sadly pathetic and half-assed throw down at Magnolia's. Saturday started out with a little breakfast and then some driving around the back roads of Loudon & Harper's Ferry. Went on a bike ride to Leesburg, which seemed to end before it began. Marshall started to drain the water in the fish tank. Then I light up the skillet and gleefully fried our fish to perfection. Then I hopped in the car and headed out to Frederick, where Chad was house sitting. We went to old town Frederick to check out the night life; it was awesome. They have a ton of great places to hangout, I'm definitely going down there on a regular basis. I can't believe I hadn't been before. In the morning Chad & I went to go climbing at some cliffs formed of pink quartzite. However we learned that they were off limits to climbers so we walked around them and headed off. We drove up to Sugar Loaf Mountain, apparently one of Maryland's largest mountains; I've seen cow shit stacked higher. Anyways we massed around on some rocks, but decided that rock climbing in the great state of Maryland is rather pointless. We hit dinner up at "The Clay Oven", an authentic Indian restaurant; very good. Then, sadly, the weekend was over. Next weekend it's kayaking the Maury River!

No comments: