
I didn't work on Friday this week so the weekend seemed much longer than usual. Thursday night Chad came up to the apartment and he, marshall, and I decided with some haste that Cinco de Mayo needed to be celebrated. So indeed it was. In the morning Chad and I went to get some breakfast. Chad had to then push off to go to work and then head down to the Outer Banks, I'd had joined him but Steve just got back from AZ, so I headed home to hangout. I got back around 11am on Friday to an empty house. So I walked the property pondering my existence. Steve showed up in the field eating some lasagna around 1:30. We got into my car and took it for a spin on some backroads. We ended up at the Opseth's house to try and see Dave, but no one was home. It was hard to believe the last time I had been at their house was for Sara & John's wedding. That doesn't seem like that long ago, yet so much has happened, I guess maybe it was. We then drove into Sperryville and stopped by the shop to talk to Dad for awhile. Dinner at the house was burgers filled with blue-cheese, which is definitely a good thing. On an off note, Steve found an Indian Spearhead in the Hidden Meadow. That was a cool find. It caused me to spend some time walking through the woods myself looking for arrowheads and wondering what the people who used to call this land home were like. Its fascinating to think about who they were, what their culture was like. What hardships and Good-times they must have had. Its sad all those stories are lost, stories of their history, families, friendships, great loves; all lost. We all have our time here and then we are gone.
Anyways, Marshall came over around 8pm and the three of us got a few bottles of Chilean Red, some Cigars, and a can of Gasoline and headed into the night. Arriving at the Upper Pond we heavily doused a large brush pile with the fuel and threw in a torch, BHAM, it was on. We hung around and talked about life and such in between throwing molotov cocktails into the flames. It was nice to have a night of hangin out like the good old days.
Saturday morning Steve, Marshall, and I drove into Madison hellbent on some grub at Pig&Steak. We had a good meal and then returned to the house. The afternoon was lazy, which was a nice break. Dinner was grilled shrimp with scallops and many tasty side dishes. After dinner Steve, Karie, Marshall, and I dressed up, for the most part, and headed over to the Inn to get a few drinks. Sunday, Mothers day, we all went to Church, Coffee, and then Lunch at the Thorton River Grill. After Lunch I said goodbye to everyone and headed back to Purcellville. I won't be seeing Steve again till late August, so that sucks, at least we had some good times this weekend. In Purcellville I took care of some various chores and then went on a long, long walk to think over the weekend and try and plan the next few months, I have so little time to myself these days its hard to grasp any frame of reference in time, I can't believe I've been in this town for almost one year now...
No comments:
Post a Comment