Monday, May 23, 2005

Set out runnin but I take my time


Friday night was Magnolia's. Then a midnight drive to Millwood. A warm night invited walking the fields in the damp air. The velvet ground was softly lit by a white lunar ambience. The barn's tin roofs shimmered in the pale moon light as a bobcat's distant scream could be heard over the hill. Tired and drained from a long day I meandered back to the house and fell deep into the soft confines of the guest-room bed. I woke for sunrise with the intention of getting some photos, but the sky was a cloudless void, so I sank back into bed. Saturday was walks and wine. Grilled tuna and asparagus for dinner. Star Wars with some of the locals, late night. When the morning came around breakfast was fresh eggs from our neighbor's chickens. Afterwards, I met Marshall in Sperryville and hiked 14 miles of the AT. BBQ in White Post. Groceries. Tired and Blistered; bed.

1 comment:

Steve Von Fange said...

nice man. makes me wish i were back in virginny.