This weekend I took Mom and Karie up Old Rag. The first time Mom has attempted to summit Old Rag from the front, Ridge Trail, in over 15 years. I donned my Old Rag Mountain Steward shirt for the hike incase the crew already in place needed my assistance. Mom did a great job tackling the trail, but just shy of the summit I had to let her and Karie continue on their own. I encountered the rest of the Mountain Steward's near the summit aiding a girl with an injured leg. We secured her into a litter and carried her over the summit and down the backside of the mountain. I departed after an ample and quickly responding team of SNP rangers intercepted us on the trail. Mom and Karie were down the mountain and I had the car keys, so I had to move. See more at the ORMS blog here. If you enjoy hiking Old Rag and would like to volunteer, this is a great program that could use your help!
Sunday was Beth's wedding. A great time in Leesburg, where all the high school friends from yesteryear gathered to celebrate!




1 comment:
another one bites the dust
Post a Comment