
Saturday was a big day. It started with breakfast and then some shots with the compound bow. Then Steve and I planted some corn to be enjoyed later this summer. Swimming to cool off from the gardening. Then Steve and I met up with Matt for a hike up Cedar Run. We showed up some city folk by sliding down some thought to be unnavigable falls and some jumps that only those with nothing to lose might attempt. The cool spring-fed pools kept the humid July heat at bay for the hike back down. Back at the house we grilled thick steaks that went nicely with Mom's from scratch Pesto pasta. More swimming with Madison and Humph. Then we raided the fridge and garden for fresh produce, cutting up some vegetables for a stew to be made up on Old Rag. We climbed the mountain by moonlight and made camp on the summit rocks. Fell asleep listening to the stew boil away in the misty winds. Restless sleep and a great view in the morning, as you can see pictured above and below. Back to the house we I quickly passed out in the guest room. Now its back to Winchester to sort my gear and pack for Rainer.

Click on this photo and then scroll to get the full vista!
4 comments:
Nice spending time together this weekend. You respect the Mountain and hold that sword high at the top!
Respect the mountain. Ditto that! Above all, come back in one piece with a pulse!
Hope you're having fun on Mt. Reneer. Be careful, I can't wait to see the pictures.
You just had the adventure of your life!!!! and you can't find five minutes to make a post! YEeSH Update!!!
Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!! I love you so much and miss you, glad you're safe.
Post a Comment