Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Woody


Woody was put to sleep tonight. It was the most difficult thing I've ever had to watch, but it was the right thing to do. He wasn't himself, he could barely lift his head up. I just can't believe how fast he became ill; I was running through the woods with him just last week. I didn't anticipate how much this hurts. He was twelve years old, for half my life he has been my best friend. Tomorrow we will bury him by the house. I miss him so much; having him has been the most rewarding experience of my life. I know he had a good life up on the farm.

4 comments:

auntyk said...

He was our best friend and always there for us. He's resting now. It was the right thing. We'll all miss him terribly.

ktvonfang said...

I love him so much, I'll never forget him. He's more compassionate and understanding than most people I know.

auntyk said...

He was reliable, lovable, beautiful, selfless, cute, radiant... Woody, I hope you know we're all thinking of you. You've left a hole in our lives.

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

I'm still not sure how life at Millwood is supposed to go on. I mean, it just doesn't seem right to continue the party without Woody. He should be here for everything. He missed the snowfall today. I keep trying invest more energy in Humphrey and Timmy... but Woody was the life of the place.