Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Keep on Runnin'


1 comment:

Steve Von Fange said...

I lay now on the couch in the kitchen; I hurt deep inside and can only glance up at my friends as they try and comfort me. Mostly I close my eyes and remember the good times, because that is the only thing tangible to me at the moment. They are the only things that I can put my tired paw to now. The fields have turned grey and the cold has crept in for the winter, even in the house it is cold now. I miss my buddies Stoney and Mitch. Once we would chase each other in the green lush grasses that only a Virginia summer could offer. Though Mitch could only endure a few minutes of play before he felt the need to get serious over the playful antics and sink his teeth into one of us or a nearby helpless child. But times were always good, even in the lonely months when the kids were off at school or work. Mr. Timmy, the fluffy mad cat, talked to me this morning about the night as he always does and how he is going to revolt one day soon if they do not install a kitty door, but that even if they did, he would still shit on the floor for good measure. He is a curious fellow. I don’t know why Steve puts up with him, but once I remember Timmy being hurdled across the house like a huge white ball of meeeoooowwwwwww. I still don’t know why, but I suppose they’re both good for each other. Mom is cooking me some dinner but I can’t eat it. I don’t want to disappoint her but I know I’ll throw it up. I wish I were better. I wish I could be going on a long walk with Jesse and could run as fast as I wanted through the high hays down to the pond and back to that hidden grass in the forest where we only go once or twice a year. That is a special place. Their voices change when they talk of it. I heard the word vet again and I don’t even care anymore. I just want to close my eyes and see the green pastures with Jesse walking by my side with a pocket of endless treats. I miss the days when he would come home every day after school and play with me in the house down the road. There was a tree that was huge and we would walk there so Jesse could take pictures. I’m starting to feel a little better now. I think I’ll get up and find Jesse. I want to go on a walk.