
I'm no sailing expert but, Dad and I were moving fast, that much I knew. The wind was almost tipping over the Hobie Cat was we blasted over the swells, gliding on one pontoon as I hung out over the other trying to find a balance. I couldn't hear anything but the wind. Adrenaline. I braced for the impact as a large swell hit the front of the boat. Thats when the steel cable holding up the mast, which I was clinging to, snapped. Funny, the things that race in your mind as you fly through the air suspended by momentum in battle with gravity. I surfaced in time to see the mast fall as Dad dove out of its way. A mile off the shore, we laughed, swam back and regrouped over a glass of rum.
Great weekend hanging out at the Bay house. Skim boarding, Beach Fires, Jet Skiing, Sailing, Kayaking, Fresh Seafood, and Cold Beer. The last shot is the weekend before, climbing up a creek that tumbles down Old Rag Mountain in search of rock climbs.





2 comments:
what are you up to this weekend?
have fun at the wedding. when are you coming home?
Post a Comment