Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Midsummer Nights






























On a sultry July afternoon scents of Lavender and Lilies rush through my car windows as a glide down the Shades provactive twists and dips. Woody bounds through the meadows as I follow on a walk. I find myself once again wandering the fields of Woodville contemplating the remains of the years. Nothing has changed out here in the Mountains where I ran as child. I might as well be eight years old catching fireflies out here; but I am not. Catching a jar full of lightning bugs, unfortunately, no longer qualifies as a reasonable quest to find oneself embarking upon. I look off into the Blue Ridge and see storm clouds teasing the horizon. I'd like to be up on Old Rag tonight hidden under a large boulder in the middle of a storm. Perhaps that would deafen my thoughts and invigorate a sense of being alive, so close to danger, but so very alive. The hair raises on the back of my neck and I toy with the idea of spending the night up on the summit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots... takes me back two nights. Not much changes in two years, at least in respect to myrtle beach, yahoos, and their fireworks.

... my grandma miss'd ya ;-)

heres alittle something for you to ponder.

'A woman can be proud and stiff
When on love intent;
But Love has pitched his mansion in
The place of excrement;
For nothing can be sole or whole
That has not been rent.'

--William Butler Yeats

... Endabutte?

Steve Von Fange said...

I sent ya a coozie. Should arrive to Woodville in a couple days. Nice pics. Think I might make it to Virginny in august afterall. LAtes

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

Beautiful photos Jesse, it was not from this 4th of July? But I think an update would be appreciated. xo

auntyk said...

How about an update?

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

UPDATE

auntyk said...

Even I managed an update in my present state of health. Surley you can give some sign of intelligent life out there!?
Then again,.....................