Thursday, April 06, 2006

Lost in Guanacaste



Chasing a shortcut to Rincon de la Vieja. This is where the path we had chosen took a turn for the worse. When I say a turn for the worse I mean that the road turned sharply and then dropped directly into a river gorge. No road on the other side of the river, just an cliff and then a river. Actually, to call what we were driving on a "road" is undoubtly some distant stretch of the imagination. In fact, I wouldn't have riden a mountain bike over parts of this rocky boulder ridden path. However it added to the adventure element of the trip and you can't complain about that. I can only surmise that our navigational talents were tainted from the Patron the previous night...

9 comments:

Steve Von Fange said...

Patron... ahhh. Que mas bueno?

Steve Von Fange said...

Patron... ahhh. Que mas bueno?

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

Quelle adventure! Oh la la! Mes freres sont Indiana Jones et Davy crocket tout ensemble!

Anonymous said...

Try the aerial view.

Google this -->

N 10 26.283, W 84 42.632

Anonymous said...

I mean Google Earth it

Anonymous said...

Damnit, that was Arenal...
this as gone all wrong. HAh

N 10 42.083, W 85 17.519

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interestedhttp://google-machine.info/1642.html or http://google-machine.info/1157.html and http://googleindex.info/1372.html