So got off work on Thursday with good news - got Friday off. Four day weekend. Had some homemade tomato soup with parmasean baguette things. Chilled out and went to bed. Woke up Friday and went to the DMV and bank, checked the mail, and hit the road. Got to Rapp and stopped by the shop, everyone was in character, but Dad was at the beach, so I headed to Millwood. Took woody on a walk to the highlands/pond. Picked up Katie from School and we went to Luray for crablegs. Unfortanatly the carb sucked, I was bummed. 35 down the hole and gas. Headed to Woodville. The rest of the night was much better. After breakfast at the Frost in Culpeper I felt good inside. Broguth Katie some breakfast from C-peper. We decided that, after Ray's, Devil's Staircase needed to be tamed. Due to a shortage or mere lack of water, it tamed us, although we put a hurting on it. Katie and I passed around babysitting flyiers and went on a few walks in the pastures. Burned her some CD's, got educate these youth - keep them away from all this Mtv shit. Watched Murder by Death. Children of the Corn. the latter was less than entertaining. burgers at sunnyside. went on a walk this morning and then I headed abck to Purcellville. Thats about it for the Rapp files. Made some hummus with the new cuisnart - perfect yum. getting my gears in line for tomorrow - work. 5:30 am here i come. The weekend was good, it was nice to relax back at home for awhile, gets ones mind back were it belongs for a time.
thoughts for the weekend:
"there's a number on the wall for us all sweetheart and if tonights the night they choose mine, so be it"
"we know that autumn does not begin with the turning of the leaves, but earlier on some forgotten afternoon, when a shadow passes over the fields and its no longer summer."
put that in your pipe and smoke it.
1 comment:
yo nice to hear you had a good weekend. reading the blog brought me back to millwood and for the briefest of moments I was free...stalking deer and smoking my pipe deep in the woods and sitting atop some hill looking into the mountains smeared blue.
Post a Comment