Saturday, June 05, 2010

Two Weekends in WV


Far in the deserted forests of West Virginia distant lightning illuminated the valley far below as I drifted asleep on the edge of a cliff 1200 feet above the headwaters of the Potomac river. Wind gusts rocked my hammock and cooled my body from the brutal pitch-black hike that I had just completed (no trail, made the going tough). Hoping that the raging thunder storm just over the ridge to our west would pass north of us I nodded off. I've spend four of the last nine days sleeping in my hammock as we try to wrap filming on our movie. I'll fill you in more on that once its finished the editing phase and is ready for some prescreening before heading off to the outdoor film festival circuit. Most of the photos in this post are taking during the filming we have done in the last week or so.





















3 comments:

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

Can't wait to see that film! Great pics - Jackson and Katie look great!

Ben Minehart said...

Hey Man, where were those cliff jumping pics taken? Awesome shots.

Kendra Nielson said...

yeah. where were the cliff at? I would love to do some free water soloing like that!