Monday, February 08, 2010

Cabin Fever


This weekend we had a blizzard of epic proportions for Virginia. We had over two feet of snow in a day and there is a foot more in the forecast for tomorrow. Chad and I hung around Woodville for a couple days, snow ball fights with some friends, whiskey tastings, good food, shoveling and trudging through the snow. We made some homemade snow shoes with some cedar cuttings and twine, man vs. wild style. Tonight Ryland came out to hand in Winchester for the night fresh off the boat from Haiti. Glad he made it home safely. It would be nice to be out on the slopes this week, but I'll just be here in Winchester keeping up with the snow.









4 comments:

Steve Von Fange said...

nothing like some whiskey and blue note to make it through a Virginia winter.

kvonfang said...

American honey - try it... I love it. By the way, NYC schools are already canceled for tomorrow!

dorothy Gray said...

I do not approve of the whiskey

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

I'm getting cabin fever looking at this post - Update!