Sunday, November 12, 2006

Where Its At



Friday was seventy five degrees. Being November, I concluded that this was probably gonna be my last chance at weather of this caliber. So, I dipped out of work early. Met up with Chad and we tore off headin' for the hills. We forged a flooded and freezing cold river; Chad, it should be noted went bottom-side - not surprising. Scrambled up a thousand vertical feet of mountainside. We climbed up, rapp'd back in and did it again. After a few good climbs were in the pocket, we sat on the summit rocks taking in the view. Bats swooped around our heads as the sun drowned in the distant ridges. Then it was back down the mountain. Recovered the previously stashed victory beers from the river's cold banks. We enjoyed the brews as darkness enveloped the valley. Forged back across the rivers current and the weekend began.

4 comments:

auntyk said...

Not a bad beginning for a weekend!

sledgemaster said...

man... sounds like an awesome time, too bad I am too responsible and work during the week. Just kidding, I know you pay your dues. btw, that rope looks like some kinda light saber rope. pretty cool

ktvonfang said...

I really like that picture. I'm reading this while listening to Friend of the Devil, good times.

auntyk said...

Hey, You're in the Rappahannock News this week!!!!!